top of page

           0208 7811 992


Tier 2 Visa

As a skilled worker you can apply to enter or remain in the UK if you have been offered a job here from a licensed sponsor with a valid certificate of sponsorship and you pass the points-based assessment.


Tier 2 General Migrant


The Tier 2 (General) visa category is for foreign nationals who have been awarded a skilled job so that they can fill a gap in the workforce that cannot be filled by a settled worker in the United Kingdom.


An application for Tier 2 General visa can be made to the Home Office when a licensed Sponsor has obtained a Certificate of Sponsorship to sponsor a foreign worker's stay in the UK. The Tier 2 General visa uses a point-based system and the points can be awarded for the Certificate of Sponsorship, the English language, The income and funds for maintenance of the foreign national.







An employer who wishes to employ a foreign national under the Tier 2 Visa will have to apply for a sponsor license.


The sponsor will need to be a UK-based employer and must have the required human resource management systems to be able to monitor the migrants that they have employed.


A sponsor will be given an A or B rating and they will be added to a  register of sponsors. Sponsors, which the Home Office thinks, could be a risk to immigration control or sponsors who they believe do not have the correct systems in place will be given a B rating.


Certificate of sponsorship

Licensed sponsors that are acknowledged by the Home Office are responsible for issuing certificates of sponsorship to migrants. Migrants must also pass a points-based system to come in the United Kingdom.



For migrants to be eligible to apply to come to the United Kingdom under Tier 2, they will need to have a job offer, a certificate of sponsorship from one of the licensed sponsors, and to have scored the required points to apply. The applicant must also apply for a shortage occupation or will need to pass a resident labour test.


Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer (ICT)

The Sponsored worker (Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer) visa is for medium and highly skilled workers, with a job offer in the United Kingdom on the basis of a transfer with their existing employer.


A sponsor can apply to the Home Office in order to be granted a sponsor license. When successfully licensed, a sponsor can apply for a number of certificates of sponsorship that can then present to the people whom they intend to sponsor. Once a migrant employee has been allocated a certificate of sponsorship, he or she will be eligible to apply for UK entry clearance or leave to remain in the UK.


Tier 2 Minister Of Religion

The Tier 2 Minister of Religion visa is for Ministers of Religion coming to the UK to perform pastoral duties. Applicants who are seeking to come to the UK as a missionary or member of a religious order, such as monks, nuns or members of similar religious communities can also use this route.


To apply for the Tier 2 Minister of Religion visa category, you must score a total of 70 points. 50 points  must be earned for a certificate of sponsorship, and the remaining 20 points is from satisfying the English language ability and for earning an appropriate salary.


Tier 2 Sportsperson

The Tier 2 (Sportsperson) visa category is for elite sportspeople and coaches who are internationally established at the highest level, and will make a significant contribution to the development of their sport.  An applicant can apply under this category if you are an elite internationally established sportsperson or coach who will make a significant contribution to the development of their sport. To apply you must score a total of 70 points. You must obtain 50 points from a certificate of sponsorship and endorsement from your sport’s governing body. The remaining 20 points is from satisfying the English language ability and for having an appropriate salary.


Domestic Worker Visa

The domestic worker in a private household visa category allows overseas employers to bring their domestic workers with them when they come to the UK. Domestic workers include:

•   cleaners

•   chauffeurs

•   cooks

•   those providing personal care for the employer and their family

•   nannies


You can use this visa to visit the UK with your employer for up to 6 months.

You must return home at the end of the 6 months or when your employer returns home, whichever is sooner.


Why Choose UK & EU ILS for your visa application:

Close proximity to the Home Office so we can take advantage of the same day visa services

High success rates in all our immigration cases

Fixed fees so no hidden costs

Quick and easy access to our specialists

More than 10 years experience

Multiple languages spoken


If you require assistance on your visa application, call us on 0208 7811 992






Airport House

Purley Way




Telephone: 0208 7811 992





© 2019 UK & EU Immigration Law Services

Website designed by Red Website Design


0208 7811 992      Email:

OISC reference no: F201200510


Home    |    About Us   |    Services    |    Visas    |    Contact Us

bottom of page